The Summer Technology Institute is an opportunity for faculty to participate in a learning community across disciplines and schools engaged in an exploration of the effective uses of technology in teaching, learning, collaboration, and scholarship. This event is sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Scholarship, and organized by the eLearning and Instructional Support Division. To apply for the Summer Tech Institute, please complete the brief application form here.
The Summer Technology Institute, sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Scholarship, is an opportunity for faculty to participate in a learning community of colleagues across disciplines and schools engaged in an exploration of the effective uses of technology in teaching, learning, collaboration, and scholarship.
Faculty who consider themselves basic users or do not currently use technology in their courses are especially encouraged to apply. All faculty — core or adjunct — are welcome!
A $500 stipend accompanies participation in the summer institute.
The program features a 4-day institute in June, held on the Brattle Campus. Here, faculty will engage in a rich mix of dialogue, hands-on practice, project-based learning, reflection, and application to explore innovative ways technology can be integrated into their teaching. Regular gatherings over the course of the academic year will extend conversations and deepen learning begun at the Summer Institute.
Examples of the types of workshops you will encounter at the Summer Tech Institute include:
- Navigating the Technology Wilderness
- Designing for Engagement
- Google Tools: Collaboration Made Easy
- Blackboard Beautification Project
- Designing and Facilitating Online Discourse
- Enhancing your Blackboard Course Site with Voice Tools
Expectations for Summer Technology Institute Participants
Faculty are expected to:
- Participate in a 4-day training seminar: June 8-11, 2015
- Develop a technology-enhanced learning activity for a 2015-2016 course
- Attend at least 1 “brown bag” discussion workshops during the 2015-16 school year
- Present a workshop or poster session at the January, 2016 eLearning Institute
|March 13, 2015||Applications Due|
|March 31, 2015||Participants Announced|
|June 8-11, 2015||Summer Institute|
|January, 2016||eLearning Institute|
To apply for the Summer Technology Institute, please fill out the application form.