Friday, January 20 9AM – 12:30PM
Join eLIS for a constructivist professional development workshop in an “unconference” model to kick-start your use of technology in instruction for the Spring semester. For those unfamiliar, an unconference is an organic, participant-driven professional development event. We will gather together from 9-9:30AM to brainstorm the key topics that participants would like to cover, and then we’ll break out into three one-hour workshops based on the topics the group generates.
Examples of topics we might engage in together:
- Designing online discussions
- Choosing technology tools to support learning
- Using the online environment to support learning
- Using video and multimedia in your class
Examples of technology tools we may discuss as part of the training:
- Blackboard Basics
- Advanced Blackboard topics such as using rubrics or the grade center
- Using Atomic Learning in your classes
- Conducting a webinar with Collaborate Ultra
- Using Kaltura for sharing video in myLesley
Registration will be required. Click here to register.