Join your Lesley faculty colleagues for an exciting, immersive professional development opportunity!
The Summer Academic Technology Institute is an opportunity for faculty to participate in a learning community across disciplines and schools engaged in an exploration of the effective uses of technology in teaching, learning, collaboration, and scholarship. This event is sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Scholarship, and organized by eLearning and Instructional Support. To apply for the Summer Academic Technology Institute, please complete the brief application form here.
All faculty — core or adjunct — are welcome to apply. Faculty who consider themselves basic technology users or who do not currently use technology in their teaching are especially encouraged to apply. Faculty selected through the application process receive a $500 stipend for participation in the institute.
The program features a 4-day institute in June, held at University Hall. Faculty engage in a rich mix of dialogue, hands-on practice, project-based learning, reflection, and application to explore innovative ways technology can be integrated into their teaching.
Examples of workshops from past Summer Tech Institutes include:
- Putting Technology in Its Place
- Designing Lessons for Engagement
- OneDrive: Collaboration Made Easy
- The Student Experience in Online Learning (panel)
- Designing and Facilitating Online Discussions
- Introducing Media Into Your Blackboard Course
Expectations for Summer Academic Technology Institute Participants
Faculty are expected to:
- Participate in all four days (~9am to 4 pm) of the institute: June 5-8, 2017
- Develop a technology-enhanced learning activity for a 2017-2018 course
- Attend or participate in at least one professional development outreach activity during the 2017-18 school year
|April 7, 2017||Applications Due|
|April 21, 2017||Participants Announced|
|June 5-8, 2017||Summer Institute|
To apply for the Summer Technology Institute, please fill out the 2017 application form.